So on Monday we started our diet. Eddie is playing Biggest Loser at work (cash incentive!) and since I’m not going to let him get skinnier than me (oh and for my overall health and well-being) I decided to be an “at home” player and do the whole eat less move more thing with him. Talk about a supportive wife!So on Monday we also ended our diet. Eddie came home after work and informed me that the game didn’t start until NEXT Monday. Thank God!! Monday was terrible. The healthy eating I did at lunch was such a downer. So we had Reese’s Cups and soda and felt much better about how the day went. So this week is now “no diet week” and we’re making the most of our last meals, because you know once next Monday rolls around it’s back to being a downer.
No seriously – yes seriously – we do plan on making it work. I mean honestly I put on some pants that I hadn’t worn since before we got engaged and they were tight on me. I assumed that they had shrunk from the really high humidity level in our laundry room, but in my head I know that wasn’t true.
I’ve thought about buying Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd– which “helps you lose big – up to 20 pounds in 30 days.” Sounds good to me. According to that calculation I will be lighter than air in just a few months!I kept reading and found out that the training video includes “ three 20 minute circuit-training workouts that burn mega calories and build strong, lean muscle.” Sweet!
Then I read a review that said “you want easy? Don’t get this dvd! You want to sweat and really workout? Get this dvd!”
Uh – yeah I do want easy and I also don’t want to sweat and really workout so I’m kinda pondering the whole Shred thing.
I am not so much looking for a workout that is painful and/or torturous. I also hate being out of breath. Oh and I don’t dig sweating. But part of me longs for a skinnier, toned bod that will fit ever so cutely into a miniskirt and boots (which I know is so passe now – but give me a break and let me have my dreams even if they are too many years past the trend date).
The thing that really sucks about diets is the whole everything I love to eat I can’t anymore and the whole you should probably exercise part. The only weekly exercise I’m currently getting is finger cardio (keyboarding and moving the mouse at work), and some light weights (lifting the laundry basket). So far those haven’t proven to be effective in a quest for weight loss success (of course neither has Hamburger Helper or Funfetti Cake).
Anyways – so here’s to us and our diet adventure. I was going to post a before photo of myself, but then I was like nah.
I’ll let you know the status of our joyless … I mean healthy…eating progress as time goes by (and if I can move enough to post after doing the Shred).


ROFL: I was going to post a before photo of myself, but then I was like nah.
ReplyDeleteSeriously. I thought about taking a before picture of myself and sending it to you so you could send it back to me when I fall off the wagon, but a) no one deserves to be subjected to those types of visuals and b) I'd probably forget that I sent it to you and would thus be hot (hefty) and bothered by having to face myself via e-mail.
At any rate, let me make a toast to you.
(This toast is brought to you from the French Alps via the delightfully refreshing ooh-la-la tastes of Evian.)
Cheers to miniskirts & boots!