Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Miracles really do happen!

This week's post is sponsored by the number 5. Why? Because I lost five pounds this week. After much frustration (see previous post), this was definitely a sweet little mini victory.

I realize five pounds might not mean that much to most people, but to me it means a lot. I can gain five pounds just breathing the air in my mom’s or Shirley’s house. Air filled with good (bad) things that I want but really shouldn’t have.

The life of a low carb dieter (and yes I feel qualified to speak about this now having been one for a full week), is HARD! While pretty much proving that it is a successful weight loss method if you do it right, it just isn’t gonna be a new lifestyle for me. I know that I CAN NOT commit to a life without chocolate and sweets. I mean yeah sugar free jello (otherwise known as sugar and flavor free jello) does help – but it honestly doesn’t even compare to a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.

Low Carb dieters (yes I’m speaking for them all) must have some extreme willpower. I don’t so much have that on a daily basis – however this week God gave me some sort of supernatural power to fight off the urge to drink a Coke and eat a bag of potato chips. I can’t help it that I have no willpower. I keep trying to remind myself that I once dressed as She-ra for Halloween. You know She-ra – sister of He-man (Master of the Universe). Yeah – she was the princess of power. Surely – I still have some of that left in me!

I’ve curbed some cravings by popping a mouth full of sunflower seeds in the afternoon or having a piece of sugar free gum. Both sort of work. Now I’m really seeing what a great idea the gum was on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Remember the gum that Violet tried – consisting of roast beef, mashed potatoes and then the blueberry pie that blew her up like a balloon.

If they could make a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing flavored sugar free gum – I would be so happy!

Anyways – here’s to next week and hoping for another weight loss!

1 comment:

  1. Awe I am so proud of you for hanging in there... You have done a great job, and I pray that it only gets better and easier for you... Some of the low carb alternatives, such as last night's pizza were down right tasty... Perhaps we can continue to find things that work for us without sacrificing taste lol


    I love you so much,
    Hubby :)

    ReplyDelete