Diet Day 1Yesterday was day one of our new diet/exercise plan. There’s good news and there’s bad news. Actually there’s mostly bad news. Diets suck. Ever since committing to eating more healthy, I have wanted nothing more than to have nachos and cheese, deep dish pepperoni pizza, movie theater popcorn, and Hershey bars. These comfort foods of mine are apparently not a part of most diet plans (I know! I'm as shocked as you are). I’ve given up the Coke as well. It’s like everything I love is gone and lost forever (not really – but I’m going for melodramatic).
Yesterday I had Subway for lunch with Amanda (which I’m classifying as diet food because Jared lost like hundreds of pounds eating those subs). Not too bad. I made it thru the day and went home where I found Eddie ready to go walk. What? Right now? So I changed into my yoga pants (which consequently have never been used for yoga), tshirt, and tennis shoes (which were brand new and very cute) and we set out to walk around the neighborhood with Puppy.Puppy is totally against the diet and exercise. He protested multiple times by running circles around Eddie and even completely stopping and sitting on the road (which is his only trick to date other than that trick where he has learned how to bark really loud when I'm trying to sleep). There were other wayward animals that distracted him, so we had to take him back home after the short walk around the block. Eddie and I continued on sans canine to the park near our house, which if you’re in a car seems really super close. When walking though it felt like a trek to a city miles away.
I realized how out of shape I was when I had to stop talking to Eddie (because you know me … talk talk talk talk talk) to catch my breath. Tragic. Honestly. I managed not to die, so I figure that’s a good sign. It was only 1.5 miles total, but for someone who hasn’t seen the inside of a gym in a couple of years, it felt like I ran a marathon. I have a whole new level of respect for you Laura!!
I’m guessing with time it will get easier (yay) and we’ll walk longer (ugh). They have turned the skate park into tennis courts so we’re going to try our hand at that next. I figure if all else fails I’ll just run circles around Eddie and stop and sit down and he’ll take me back home :)


LOL I love the run circles around me and sit so i'll take you home :)
ReplyDeleteLove Hubby
I am feeling your pain...I went to the gym for the first time in a couple of years Monday and have barely been able to walk since then! And I want all bad foods, just b/c I cant have them! I woke up this morning feeling faint I was so hungry :) really bad when your eyes are not even open and your mind is racing with "what can I eat RIGHT NOW?" and its 6am!
ReplyDeletehang in there! and thanks for the laughter, makes me feel good to know others are suffering with me...that sounds sooo bad to say but it does help!!!
Ooooh. No you din't with the nachos and cheese! Dang.
ReplyDeleteWhen I come home let's play tennis, please :)