
Quick update
So after the whole getting married, moving out of our parents houses thing happened, something was brought to our attention. Apparently Eddie and I own way too much junk…I’m talking years of accumulating random everything, starting collections of this and that, and oh my the amount of clothes and shoes the two of us have should really be classified as a sin.
So in an effort to de-clutter our parents houses (yes mom – I really am trying), we decided to have a yard sale. I even took an afternoon off to venture into my old bedroom at 260 and sort the crap…er…memories of my lifetime…into Keep, Sale, and Trash piles. After a couple of hours though I was done in. I did manage to load the back of the Jeep though and it seemed like a HUGE load. However I overheard mom say she couldn’t tell anything had been moved out of my room. So much for trying!!
Eddie was put in charge of the sale since I had a prior engagement (thank God). It was better for me not to have been there anyways – because I would have been like "oops sorry... not for sale" when I saw some lady checking out my old Dooney and Coach bags. Eddie is far much stronger than I am – so he managed to man the tables of our stuff…a lifetime of clutter and nostalgia there for the taking.
And despite the hard economic times that have fallen on us Americans, many people were willing to part with their hard earned dollars for our crap.
So after the whole getting married, moving out of our parents houses thing happened, something was brought to our attention. Apparently Eddie and I own way too much junk…I’m talking years of accumulating random everything, starting collections of this and that, and oh my the amount of clothes and shoes the two of us have should really be classified as a sin.
So in an effort to de-clutter our parents houses (yes mom – I really am trying), we decided to have a yard sale. I even took an afternoon off to venture into my old bedroom at 260 and sort the crap…er…memories of my lifetime…into Keep, Sale, and Trash piles. After a couple of hours though I was done in. I did manage to load the back of the Jeep though and it seemed like a HUGE load. However I overheard mom say she couldn’t tell anything had been moved out of my room. So much for trying!!
Eddie was put in charge of the sale since I had a prior engagement (thank God). It was better for me not to have been there anyways – because I would have been like "oops sorry... not for sale" when I saw some lady checking out my old Dooney and Coach bags. Eddie is far much stronger than I am – so he managed to man the tables of our stuff…a lifetime of clutter and nostalgia there for the taking.
And despite the hard economic times that have fallen on us Americans, many people were willing to part with their hard earned dollars for our crap.
I’m trying not to dwell on what items of mine were sold and I’m not sitting around wondering just who exactly bought that favorite shirt of mine from 2006 and that Dooney bag.
I hate not posting actual pictures from the sale or our cluttered rooms, but I wasn’t there for the actual sale and my mom would disown me if I posted a picture of my old bedroom at their house. And because I don’t want to be disowned I’m refraining from doing such.
The money we made was a definite incentive to get rid of more stuff though so we’ll be planning another yard sale soon. I’ll keep you filled in on the details because I’m sure there will be something for everyone!!


I feel ya girl! My roommate and I are in the process of cleaning out as well. Kelly is a shop-a-holic to say the least and we have boxes and boxes of stuff from Southern Living to get rid of - never used, still in the original packaging! Our sale isn't going to be 'til next month. I am so sure that waking up at 6 am and haggling with people is going to be big fun! I can hardly wait. If this doesn't generate some bucks.....Best of luck to y'all. At least I know my leftover junk - er - stuff has another sale to go to. CCA is doing a charity sale the weekend after ours!
ReplyDeleteGirl. You know you probably could make another killing so get back to 260 and do another sweep! Just make Eddie man the tables again so you don't have to see that which will surely become dearly departed goods.
ReplyDeleteThink of it as more money for our cruise ... or fun weekends away ... or my room :)